2009/07/02

Secret Schlumberger Bar: Majo no Houki

is in Nagaoka.
If you recognized the name of the bar, you must know Schlumberger.
I heard the name of the bar first time after some years.

I was visiting one client which was Coca cola related company.
We were talking with this gentle man, CEO of the company in Japanese.
We forgot to ask, but I assume that he is from Australia...anyway, he isn't Japanese, but fluent in Japanease...
He mentioned that he studied in Kyoto, Japan.

When I introduced myself I said I am from Niiaga prefecture.
And he mentioned "Nagaoka" right away, I asked him how come he knows the little city of Nagaoka, then he told me he used to work in Nagaoka... he used to work for Schlumberger.

He worked for SLB for 7yrs as wireline engineer.
Pert of his SLB time was in Nagaoka.
I got him started to speak more as I know SLB people and operation, he proudly told me his record was 100 hours logging alone.
Back that time the fresh graduate's salary was 1,000,000yen! Bubbly era!
When he was talking about the time with SLB, his voice and face got younger.
I can just feel that he leaped back to the time...

I thought it is really interesting that he was in Nagaoka when I was little.
He was there and it was his glorious, shinning time.
I was also there in the same space same time.

Life is really interesting.
Passing by, crossing...

Is Bar; Majo no Houki still there?

No comments: