2008/10/17

Patronize local farmers' markets

At the farmer's market, freshness if judged by hours, not days.
It's a beautiful, sensual experience to go to the market.- byAlice L. Waters, food activist.

When I was in Germany, I loved to go to markets.
Waking up very early morning, feeling bit cold, pulled on my life-time first red sweater and riding my bicycle... to the markets.





















They had so many kind of markets; vegetable, meat, deli, flower and antique...
Gosh, I was so into those markets and had to stop every single little stand.
And little chat with people there- always good time.

My home town also have farmer's markets.
Not big as Germany, but still it's good to see all the local products.

I miss markets.
I miss vegetable with dirt.
I miss seeing all the proudly faces selling their own products.
I miss socializing in small town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey,naomi
you can grow vegetables at home if you try!
it brings you small happiness and peaceful time.
your turtle eats fresh vegetables that i grow here in a small apartment.
by "lovely farmer in your home town"

Naomi said...

Oh~!!!!
I didn't know it's you-!
Thank you for your message!!!
It's true, but I don't even have veranda where they can get some sunshine...:(

And the turtle "Gon" was my dad's!... not really used to be Taka's! Anyway, I am very happy that you and your mom like him and taking good care of him!

Thank you-!!!!

Naomi