2008/10/27

Grand parents

I wake up early and went to see dentist.
I needed to take the cover off and fix the cavity underneath during my stay.
Then, I went to see my grandparents who live 20km away from my parent’s house.
They live in little house which sits at the foot of mountain in suburb of Nagaoka city.
They’ve got small plants and vegetable garden.
My grandma loves to cook and she always uses her vegetables for her special dishes which makes her cooking more special and delicious!
After enjoyed her traditional and original dishes, we went to their vegetable garden to harvest Daikon (radish), Negi (leek), Kiku (edible chrysanthemum), Hakusai (kind of cabbage)… They put all the vegetables to my tiny car and my car got full of vegetables!
You can imagine the mixture of all the vegetable smell and dirt in the car makes you feel you are farmar ;P

My grandma used to be a tailor at Matsuya (biggest and oldest department store I Japan) in Tokyo.
My grandpa used to be a photographer for local news paper.
Oh, during my stay, he was interviewed and got on the paper!

He is telling how it was hard to get to the happening site, manual development process, how to deliver the film and so...


He got the moment of getting first gas in Nagaoka, walked over the Mikuni mountains to have picture of the tunnel the "Kanetsu tunnel" which everyone go through when you come from Tokyo, got on the bucket Tarai bune to follow up an over night event.







I love my grandparents very much.
They make international call for me almost every two weeks to Singapore! Isn’t it cool???

No comments: